All of us have our favorite bands and artists. Very often, we want to tell these people just how much they mean to us and how their music has affected us. But where do you find a place to write, call, or email? A lot of record labels, believe it or not, have fan mail addresses listed on their website. So here are a few of our favorite record labels and their addresses!
No Sleep Records (Artist list here)
No Sleep Records
16651 Gothard Street Unit E
Huntington Beach, CA 92647
Hopeless Records (Artist list here)
PO Box 7495
Van Nuys, CA 91409
Fearless Records (Artist list here)
13772 Goldenwest St. #545
Westminster, CA 92683
Fueled By Ramen (Artist list here)
Fueled By Ramen
1633 Broadway 10th floor
New York, NY 10019
Warner Bros. Records (Artist list here)
c/o Warner Bros. Records Inc.
P.O. Box 6868
Burbank, CA 91510
Our other favorite resource is fanmail.biz. It’s a database of celebrity fan mail addresses, and includes a forum where you can search for feedback on whether or not your chosen artist writes back! They also have some forum posts with tips on sending letters.
We have some tips, too!
- Send an SASE with your picture/letter if you want a reply. That’s a self-addressed stamped envelope. It makes it a lot easier for your artist to sign the photos or write back.
- Include your own photos to sign. Once again, it’s easier for them!
- Be thankful in your letter. Make sure you acknowledge how busy they are, but if they could write back it would mean so much to you. Say thank you.
- Make sure you also have a paragraph or so about how big of a fan you are. Everyone likes to be flattered, and telling this person how much you love their work is always a good thing.
- Always check the postage amounts for your envelope size. It sucks to get a letter back with the wrong postage so it couldn’t be delivered.
- Sometimes people won’t write back. Be patient, it might take anywhere from few weeks to a few months. If it doesn’t get returned, it’s not the end of the world. Keep writing to other people and you’ll get responses!